Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 37, Daily Painting

Asparagus of Anxiety, 8"x8", colored pencil on paper

And that finished that pad of paper. Every piece was used for a show 'painting', and that gives me a sense of accomplishment and completion.

Yesterday was a very difficult day at cafeglover. We received quite a shock after a life-altering event and some feelings of anxiety ensued. I drew these while I waited. laboring to concentrate. I was amazed that I was able to produce anything, so I do regard these as a sort of triumph.

I do not wish to spread anxiety with this cryptic message. I will say, our faith is being tested, and we do believe that God is still on his throne. As soon as the diminshment of shock allows, we will most likely get excited at new prospects. Hard to tell at this point.

5 comments:

Tree of Life said...

Amen to that!

Tree of Life said...

Amen to that!

Cafeglover said...

Tree of Life,
Your name and your words encourage me.

linda said...

I am glad you have continued drawing through the tough times. Sometimes, drawing is a way of operating out of faith, which is the true anxiety antidote & what we're called to do.

Keep going- you have come a long, way glover!

Cafeglover said...

Thank you, Linda, and I agree with you completely about pressing forward by operating out of faith. That was my experience. It seemed that each line made the drawing worse, but when I finally got absorbed in what I was doing, these tender spears emerged.

Thanks for saying I've come a long way. It is getting easier... but lately I have been drawing. I so hope this will improve my painting which is often still tenuous. Your encouragement is wonderful to me. Thank you.