Sunday, August 14, 2011

Royal decision: Observe the Sabbath. Daily Painting, except Sunday.

I am loving the Daily drawing and painting.
But, throughout my life, I have been inspired by people like Eric Liddell, who had an intimate relationship with God, and out of respect and faith, kept the Sabbath; By Bach, who wrote sdg at the bottom of each compostion (Soli Deo Gloria..to God alone the glory.) and who was not recognized for his genious in his lifetime.
I am not putting myself in their company because of their outstanding giftedness, but I am wanting to follow their example of keeping God first. I'm humbled by it.
On the seventh day, God rested... though he never tires. Later the bible goes on to say that man was not created for the Sabbath, but the Sabbath for man.
God knows why better than I do, but this decision is a cheerful one. I also think it will keep me from becoming driven.
Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

yarska said...

Ooh, this sounds great! I shall join you in this.

Cafeglover said...

:-) Thanks. I think it helps us remember that all good gifts come from God... and if he commanded it, he certainly knows better about what we need than we do. Glad you're joining. 'See' you tomorrow!