Thursday, September 01, 2011

Day 44, Painting a Day





Another go-go-go day over at cafeglover. Before we knew it, we had run errands and it was 3:00 p.m. already. I spent about 3 hours on this little drawing. It's not particuliarly inspired, but it is practice and perserverance... 3 drops in the bucket of my 10,000 drops to achieve mastery. My mind was unruly throughout the creation of this drawing, but I finally pulled it together in the last hour. I am glad I'm done for the day. Some days are like that.. like going to the gym and getting on the treadmill even though you'd rather not. Overcoming lethargy is a victory in and of itself. Today's drawing? check.

3 comments:

yarska said...

Nice drawing! The shadow is a bit blue, but a great job nonetheless. It's great that you were able to draw during such a busy day!

I'm really liking the rich color of the orange slices.

linda said...

"A self-respecting artist must not fold his hands on the pretext that he is not in the mood." Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Cafeglover said...

Well put on Tchaikovsky's part! (Don't you LOVE his name?) That is one battle this daily project is forcing me to fight.

My shadow is too blue. I was playing with color and went overboard. I could have darkened the whole drawing to match, but... There's no but. Maybe I should have. I'm very busy making the thousands of mistakes it takes to learn anything. ;-)

I appreciate them being pointed out. I really do. Otherwise, how would I even recognize and learn from them?

Have to work on today's drawing... Still not inspired, but will stop to ponder to see if I can think of anything I'd really enjoy...
Love you guys.